Webinar: IPv6 in Central Europe
NIC together with ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) are offering a series of webinars and online trainings primarily aimed at the Internet Community in Central Europe and the Baltics.
Next webinar: “IPv6 in Central Europe (and Why It’s Important)”
Date: 9 November (Thursday)
Time: from 12:00 till 13:00 (UTC), from 15:00 till 16:00 (EEST)
Speaker: Suzanne Taylor, Public Policy & Internet Governance Consultant, RIPE NCC
As one of the world’s five Regional Internet Registries, the RIPE NCC collects a lot of data around Internet development and connectivity throughout Europe - including IPv6 deployment. In this talk, we’ll explain the basics of IPv6 and why it’s so important for the Internet’s continued growth and innovation. We’ll also give an overview of the current state of IPv6 deployment in Central Europe, including how traffic is routed over IPv6, the relationship between different networks in these countries, how much IPv6 address space is actually in use and more.
More info: https://features.icann.org/event/icann-organization/icann-training-series-central-europe-baltics-ipv6-central-europe-and-why
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN OUR PREVIOUS WEBINARS:
- 28 September 2023: HOW TO REQUEST ICANN REGISTRATION DATA IN THE TIMES OF GDPR – AN INTRODUCTION - The introduction of GDPR caused a changed landscape on how ICANN’s registration data can be obtained. In this webinar ICANN explained who can request ICANN Registration Data and how to do it. Vide recording available here.
- 25 May 2023: QUANTUM COMPUTING AND CRYPTOGRAPHY ON THE INTERNET - In this webinar ICANN explained how quantum computers will affect Internet security, when we might expect them to have an effect, and what the technical community is doing to prepare for them. It will focus on two areas of Internet security, TLS and DNSSEC. Vide recording available here.
- 27 April 2023: DNS SECURITY BEST PRACTICES: AN OVERVIEW OF BEING KIND - In this webinar ICANN introduced their new initiative KINDNS(Knowledge-Sharing and Instantiating Norms for DNS and Naming Security) that is about adding a baseline of security for everyone in the world to enjoy through the promotion of DNS best practices; practices that every DNS operator, no matter how small, can and should adopt. Vide recording available here.
- 23 March 2023: ICANN-OCTO USE AND UNDERSTANDING OF REPUTATION BLOCKLIST DATA - In this webinar Siôn Lloyd, ICANN Lead Security, Stability, Resiliency Specialist explained how ICANN OCTO tries to understand the data from the combination of multiple RBLs and why this is important. Vide recording available here.
- 23 February 2023: Meet an Internet Key Holder! - In this webinar David Huberman (Technical Engagement Manager, ICANN) explained what holding a key to the internet really means and why it’s critical to Internet security. He described the purpose of these keys, the responsibilities of the key holders, etc. Vide recording available here (Password: a7#=X6eYuX).